This weekend was somewhat divided. I actually played a bit, and I worked on Fizzle. ;Þ
Nekoyoubi Texture Pack
The gang got together and played some Minecraft on our server a bit this weekend, which is really only development related because it pushed me to update my texture pack. Yeah… it had been a bit, and a few things since 1.5 hadn’t been implemented so I needed to get to it. Here are a few of the changes I recently made to the pack:
- Diamond tools and sword, armor, and item (raw) now match the spectral style of the ore and block. No more teal diamonds.
- Iron door item now matches the rusted gate appropriately.
- The loading background is now wood planks (by request).
- Obsidian (finally) has been smoothed and yet made more jagged at the same time. Looks a bit more glassy, IMO.
- Glowstone (that’s right, a nether block!) has been massively altered. It’s now an obsidian block with a light (think recessed lighting).
- Beds in inventory are now purple-sheeted properly.
- Signs and ladders now reflect the “richer” wood of the rest of the pack.
- Terracotta clay is now also terracotta in the inventory as well.
- Fixed the broken redstone dust.
You can check out the post about it here: http://nekoyoubi.com/2011/05/08/my-minecraft-texture-pack/
You can download the Nekoyoubi texture pack here: http://bit.ly/nekoyoubitp
I worked a bit more with the RageSpline resources in Fizzle this weekend. Specifically, I drew some of the spell icons (fireball, iceblock, levitate, heal, and vines). I would show a screenshot here, I think it may be too soon for that, as they may be better to show off once they are mechanically written into the game.
I also converted Fizzle back to a side-scroll platformer (from a third-person platformer) for mechanical reasons. To be completely honest, I just think it will play more fun this way.
I am working on a training level at the moment, but as soon as I have it playing through in its solid mechanical form, I will screenshot and create the “official” page for it.
No… Not Legos; Logos! I’ve been trying my damnedest to create the logo that I actually see in my head – which amazingly has remained the same for many months now, but having no artistic skill (drawing, that is) is making it impossible for me to bring it out of my dome and immortalize it in pixel.
So now I look for the in between. ;(
If I can’t create my ideal logo very soon, I’ll need something to hold me over. What should it be? I’m not asking because I think anyone’s really reading this and cares. I’m asking because maybe it will keep nagging at me until something springs out at me.
If you do care though and want to throw an idea (or design if you’re really bored), please feel free. I would love to hear some IMOs, as I could really use a nudge on this one! 😉